In the last month or so I have helped numerous companies/organizations with adding a personal account to their Business page After the Business page was created. Facebook recently changed the rules in creating business “Pages” you can now do this without creating a personal account. (which I do NOT recommend) By do in this you lose the ability to change some of the settings and do certain things within Facebook – like browse other pages. So I highly recommend setting up a personal account first then building your page from there. But if you have set up your business page already and want to know how to attach a personal account to it here are the steps:
To create a personal account AFTER you have already created a Business Page:
1. Sign out of Business Page
2. Go to www.facebook.com
3. Register as a “personal” account using a different e-mail address that the Business page
4. Go to Business Page and “like it”
5. Log out of Personal Account
6. Sign in under Business page
7. Go to “Recent Likes”
8. Click on “see all”
9. Find your name and click on button to the right “Make admin”
10. Enter your password that you use to sign into the business page
11. Log out of Busniess page
12. Sign in using personal account from now on.
To use the page as the business account:
1. Go to business page
2. Under “Manage” in the Admin panel
3. Click on “Use facebook page as….” in the drop down menu
This will allow you to “like” other business pages to connect them to your page.
Facebook only allows you to create one account under each e-mail address so you might have 2 different address you are using. here is how to combine them.
To change the primary E-mail address on the Business Page
1. Go to business page
2.Under “Manage” in the Admin panel choose “Edit Page”
3. In the menu to the left of the page choose “Your Settings”
4. Click on the blue highlighted link at the bottom of the second section “View all email settings for your pages.”
5. In the menu to the left of the page choose “General”
6. In the “email” section choose “edit”
7. Click on the blue highlighted link “Add another email”
8. Add your secondary e-mail in space provided
9. Enter your Password you used to sign into this session with
10. Change this address to the Primary Address in needed.
Hope that is helpful!!